Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Helping another boy!

My husband and I are in the process of interviewing parents, getting ready to fill an empty bed in our home for at risk boys. As I sat this afternoon listening and observing a hurting mother, I could not help but think about my own son and me as the hurting mother. Here I am trying to continue on with our job, ministry God has placed us in to help at risk boys and am wishing I could find the heart of my son that use to live with us for 19 years and has been running the wrong race for 4 years now. He was strong-willed yes, but he cared about others, he respected others, he wanted to please us, he had goals, he was a good student, he had his own part in this ministry, he loved God, he loved his family, where are you, son, please come back, I miss you. You see, my son told his wife last Sunday that he was going to serve divorce papers to her this week. They have only been married a year and a half, she called me right away to tell me. I let her talk, I listened to her, I cried with her, for about an hour and a half, she loves him so much. She made the comment that she don't know how she will live with out him. I didn't know what I was going to say to my son when I talked to him. Well he took care of that for awhile, because he called me later that night, and said,"It's my life, I will do what I want, stay out of it, and don't call me back because I won't answer your call." and hung up the phone. I have still not talked to him, however, I have talked to our daughter - in - law everyday, and she is not doing well. My daughter, had her flown to her house, to spend a week with her and is going to try to get her out of a very depressed state. My daughter works at a childrens home in Texas and just so happen to be having a conference while she will be staying with her called "Helping the broken-hearted!" Is that a God thing or what? Our son is not willing to work at this marriage, however, he told us a couple weeks ago that he was miserable, at the time they had decided to seperate for a while. We told him, well she's not there and you are still miserable, because you are running from the Lord, until you get back with the Lord you are going to be miserable. So my point is, please pray for my husband and I as we are having to make a decision which parent to reach out to and help, when we would like to help them all, because now we really feel their hurt from a personal level. I know my God is a Big God and He is going to send someone to reach out to my son, someday he will pick that baton back up that he's handed off to the worldly ways and run to Jesus with his whole heart. Psalm 97:9-12 "For you, O LORD, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods. Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name."

No comments:

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...