Friday, January 25, 2013

He will never give up on YOU or ME!

I Corinthians 1: 7-9 "Just think--you don't need a thing, you've got it all!  All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectatly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale.  And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus.  God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus.  He will never give up on you.  Never forget that."

Wow, I really don't need a thing.  I've got it all!  He has given me the gift of life, to live at it's fullest.  He is right here beside me running this race in the lane next to me just waiting for me to fall so he can keep me from falling.  He taps me on this side and then taps me on that side keeping me on track when I am stepping out of my lane as a child of God. 

When I think of when God got me started on this spiritual adventure it amazes me that at the time I was in Junior high track and I ran hurdle relay's.  Did I continue on running hurdle relays' in High school no not literally because I hated running.  However, I think about this and realize that I kept running hurdle relay's but it was in real life.  I kept jumping hurdles for about 8 more years trying to run away from God but yet running to him in prayer when I didn't even really know him.  It amazes me that even though I hated running I still named my blog Jesus, Take my Baton. 

He has taken my baton from me so many times in this spiritual adventure that I have been on for 28 years and he has never given up on me.  I am so grateful for HIS perseverance with me because He has had to keep me steady on the right track quite a few times. 

In saying all this if He is never going to give up on ME....then He also won't give up on YOU.  So where are you today in your spiritual adventure are you running away from him and don't really know him?  Or are you running to him daily and building that relationship with him?  Have you totally handed that baton off to him and asked him into your life as your savior so he can help you with this race called life?  I will be honest, I don't know where I would be today if I hadn't of handed that baton off to him.  I was probably in a point in my life when I handed it off that I could of very easily turned to drugs or alcohol to try to fill that void and I am so thankful that I heard him next to me saying "just give me the baton, this race is to hard for you alone."

Thank you Jesus for keeping me steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by you!  Even though you have to help me daily with that!

No comments:

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...