Monday, January 7, 2013

Pure Gold, proved pure! Genuine faith, proved genuine!

I Peter 1:6-7 "I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it’s your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory." The message

I am so thankful that when Jesus wraps it all up....it's my faith, not my gold, that He will have on display as evidence of his victory. 

Some days there are so many distractions in this thing called life and we have to put up with things that we would like to never have to put up with, but through it all in the end we are proved genuine.  So no matter what you are going through right now in your life, keep on keepin on....and let God get the GLORY!  Because in the end HE has the victory.  I'm so grateful I know the end of my story.

God....help me to shine your light even when I go through the fire.  Help me to reach out to those that are hurting and give me strength to persevere even when the tough gets going.  I want to display genuine faith, take my baton so I can do that.  I love you and I am so grateful you adopted me as your daughter 28 years ago.  In Jesus Name, AMEN


Running for HIM,

Cathy

 

1 comment:

Cindy Bultema said...

I love the MSG version of 1 Peter 1:6-7. Thanks for sharing, Cathy! Your faith shines bright for all to see! Shine on!
xoxo

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...