Friday, May 4, 2007

There goes the phone in the toilet!

Isn't this the cutest picture, he just looks so innocent doesn't he? This is my youngest grandson that will already turn 1 on May 23rd. Where does the time go. My daughter and son-in-law have their hands full with this little guy. He is walking all over the place and gets into everything. He pushes one of his toys over to the counter, stands on the counter, and pulls off whatever he can get his hands on. The other day Cassie, my daughter, called and said, "Grandma, do you want to know what your grandson did this morning." So I said what did he do now? Well he got into the cupboard, got a can of coffee out, opened it up with his teeth and had a handful of coffee in his mouth. Then she called me a little later and said, "Do you want to know what your grandson did now." What now? He disappeared while his daddy was watching him, and threw my cell phone in the toilet. My husband and I are flying out on the 16th to go be with this spunky little guy for his one year birthday, can't wait. I look at his picture and just thank God for his little personality. I think back to two years ago this month, when my daughter had a miscarriage with her first baby, and remember the questions I was asking God. Why would you take my daughters baby away, when she remained pure until she got married, but my oldest son had a perfect heathy one month old out of wedlock. I just didn't understand. Now, I'm at peace, knowing that some day, my daughter, her husband, and Grandma and Grandpa, will see that little baby in heaven, but if that miscarriage did not take place we would have never met this little guy. Sometimes we don't always understand, why things happen the way they do, but we just have to remember "To trust in Him at all times, Oh people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8 If my son wouldn't have had a baby out of wedlock I never would have been able to love on this little guy who just turned 2 last month. He is so precious, so mild, and so loving. I have always loved him dearly even though I questioned God, sometimes we just don't understand why things happen the way they do. But we just need to trust in Him at all times.

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

That trusting is not always so easy to do. But so wonderful when we do!

What cuties!!

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...