Thursday, December 6, 2007

What would you put in the box?


This little guy just loves to get inside the toy box and play with the toys inside the box, isn't he so cute?

Looking at this picture tonight reminded me of a new tradition I want to try to start this year for Christmas. Why do we celebrate Christmas? Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Do I give Jesus a birthday present since it is his birthday? We used to make a birthday cake when our children were little, but I think we need to start doing something differently. I am going to wrap up a beautiful box and put it under the tree and before opening up presents we are going to write on a peace of paper what we are going to give Jesus for HIS PRESENT and put them in the box! Then we can go on with our tradition of finding baby Jesus, the Christmas Story and then open presents. Then maybe it will seem more like Jesus' Birthday. What about you do you have any Christmas traditions you would like to share with me? I would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...