Thursday, December 7, 2006

Take My baton, Jesus!


Please don’t take this role in life lightly,
Accept the huge
Responsibility that God has given you to raise this child or children.
Every day ask Him to help give you the
Necessary tools to
Train a child in the way he should go.

This is not an easy job being a parent; as a matter of fact, it is the hardest job I have ever done in life. I started being a parent at nineteen; wow seems like years ago. Now twenty-three years later I am wondering what happened? I thought I had 3 children that God gave me, where did they go? What? He only gave them to me for a little while! Oh, so now I have to trust the second part of the verse and when he is old he will not turn from it. How do I do that Lord, because this is the hardest part of being a parent? I want to hold my little boys and little girl in my arms again every night and tell them I love them. I want to tell them that they shouldn’t do that because they might hurt themselves or someone else. I want to help them make the right choices, not make the wrong ones. I want to wipe their tears away when they are hurting. I trust you Jesus to finish raising the children that you entrusted to my husband and me for a time and season.

Please take them Jesus
Accept this baton that I’m handing over to you in this
Relay, that I am in, and help me to
Encourage another parent
Not to take this role lightly, because if we
Train a child in the way he should go when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

You’re not finished with me yet, Jesus, so I know you’re not finished with my children.

4 comments:

robin said...

Yeah for You!!!!

I'm glad you started this site. Keep on sharing. It will get you all practiced up for that book inside of you just waiting to come out!

Robin

Donnetta said...

I couldn't find a comment area on your Christmas memory so I thought I'd post here.

I am so glad you shared that memory. What a beautiful treasured memory for sure!! It was an absolutely amazing story of how God provided when He was given the opportunity.

Thanks for participating and sharing such an amazing story! I'm so glad you started your blog to post this!!!

I'm just curious. How did you stumble across "My Quiet Corner"?

Susie said...

Your Christmas memory made me cry. It was beautiful and such a great testimony. You write very well, and I encourage you to keep sharing.

Donnetta said...

Try this to get your comment option showing again. Go into your "settings" tab at the top. From there select "comments". The third option down should say "comments default for Posts". Make sure in that box it reads "New posts have comments". If it does not say that, click the drop down box there and select it. Let me know if that helps!

Climb that "thang!"

I wrote this post back in January of 2007  and I still have those pesky bugs and the enemy is still trying to rob me of my joy on a weekly ...